I linked to his account of his dealings with the SSPX on another thread some time ago. Neither Cekada or Archbishop Lefebvre come out of that account very well - Cekada comes across as tremendously arrogant and sure of himself (even when this involved participating in the abstraction of US SSPX property - Cekada was one of a group of sedevacantist priests who left to form the SSPV, having previously transferred much of the SSPX's US property into their own names - and a complete disregard of the obligation of a priest to be incardinated and participating in the ministry of a bishop.) Lefebvre, on the other hand, was intellectually muddled - holding several positions, including sedevacantism, simultaneously and apparently expelling priests who disagreed with him from the SSPX without appeal or recompense (the obligations of bishop and priest are supposed to be mutual). Peace be to his soul.
Christ is the morning star who when the night of this world is past brings to his saints the promise of the light of life and opens everlasting day
Colmcille: Forum is all into politics of the world and mickey measuring instead of any depth of spirituality - wrong focus. No salt or light. Pray and Fast. May God bring blessings to you.
Feb 27, 2019 19:42:56 GMT
maolsheachlann: Well, that is because it is a forum. I suspect everyone who does post here prays and fasts and cultivates a spiritual life. But these are things we agree on, so it doesn't really make for discussion.
Feb 28, 2019 10:18:21 GMT
maolsheachlann: Of course, if you want to take it in a different direction you are welcome to post something.
Feb 28, 2019 13:18:15 GMT
Colmcille: Political nonsense. You don't have to disagree with the depth of Catholic spirituality, lives of the Saints and treasures of the faith in order to discuss them.
Mar 3, 2019 16:48:29 GMT
maolsheachlann: This is why I disabled the shoutbox on the Irish Conservatives Forum. People with substantive contributions to make will do so in the forum.
Mar 4, 2019 13:57:20 GMT
maolsheachlann: I wish the lurkers would get involved. What's there to lose? It's a shame that there's only four or five people who post on the forum.
Aug 28, 2019 13:35:53 GMT
Lurker: One migth think that the only issue facing Irish Catholic’s i
Nov 19, 2019 15:04:27 GMT
Lurker: one might think the only issue facing Irish Catholics are liturgical.
Nov 19, 2019 15:05:06 GMT
maolsheachlann: I agree there is an over-emphasis on this among many Catholics.
Nov 19, 2019 15:07:04 GMT
maolsheachlann: Although of course it's important, too.
Nov 19, 2019 15:07:30 GMT
self excom: Do most Catholics actually know that to be a true catholic they need to believe that Mary is not the mother of God
Feb 15, 2020 14:27:33 GMT
maolsheachlann: I think you're going to have to expand on that one.
Feb 21, 2020 14:38:38 GMT
Arthur Miles Martin: You left out the four requirements for the holy Mass / Sacred Liturgy to be licit and valid. Proper ordination, proper form, proper intent and proper matter of pure wheat bread and pure grape wine. These are being violated everyday in most dioceses.
Feb 25, 2020 17:29:05 GMT
Arthur Miles Martin: I lived through Vatican II. The worse thing that came out of it was the ten year EXPERIMENTATION WITH THE HOLY EUCHARIST. I attended a gingerbread Jesus Mass, a sexual-deviant Mass and I had a cousin tell me of a pizza and cola mass in Alabama.
Feb 25, 2020 17:36:38 GMT
Arthur Miles Martin: Each year the USCCB petitioned the Vatican for Communion in the hand and each year the Vatican's response was NO! Then after ten rejections the USCCB said but we have to because the People demand it. I was never asked, were you?
Feb 25, 2020 17:40:02 GMT
Arthur Miles Martin: Come Holy Spirit renew the face of the earth. What is coming is a just purification of the Church and the world first.
Feb 25, 2020 17:41:27 GMT
indie77: The doctrine of the trinity says God is not Jesus so Mary is not mother of God
Feb 26, 2020 10:19:36 GMT
hibernicus: Indie 77 seems to be independent of any knowledge of the actual doctrine of the Trinity. Is he using "God" to refer to God the Father only?
Mar 1, 2020 23:31:18 GMT
Ann Ellison : I recently heard or read that 2% of the country is about to begin leading the other 98%. Also, reading about France being conquered because they had turned their backs on God, shook me to the core. It is exactly what I see happening here. No one is doin
Jul 5, 2020 16:32:13 GMT
Young Ireland: @ann Ellison, where did you read this? I have not come across any private revelation saying that.
Jul 6, 2020 18:53:58 GMT